Black Bean Burger
Ingredients for Patty
1 can black beans
1/2 cup cheese
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 cup tortilla chips (finely chopped)
any spices you would like
1tbs olive oil
Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Drain and wash beans, then mash them up in a bowl leaving some whole but mostly mashed
2. Once beans are mashed, combine:: beans, cheese, salsa, egg and tortilla chips :: Also add any spices you want, remember the Habanaro Guacamole, I added some in ours. Um, yeah it was a spicy Black Bean Burger
3. Put aside for 15 mins
4. Form into patties
5. Once patties are formed, coat in Panko Bread Crumbs
6. Place in the fridge for at least 30-45 minutes, but over night would be the best if you can.
I prepared mine at night and it was perfect for the next day.
7. Now for baking :: This is one thing I did different from other bean patties Ive made. Instead of frying the patty on the pan I baked them in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. I liked it much better and the panko bread crumbs were crispy.
8. Place on bun add any condiments you'd like (I added mustard and avocado) then ENJOY!
:: Instead of regular hamburger patties, I used sandwich slims. Oh my, where have they been all my life, the perfect amount of bread::
As you can see, we added some waffles fries.....yum! Only thing I cant figure out is the smush that happens after you take your first bite. messy, but a good messy.